Tuesday, November 8, 2011

After the Biopsy

I am posting on this blog to update everyone on Howard's status. It is really a busy time. This is the fastest way to communicate. I hope you all understand. Please comment below.

Howard had a biopsy on the tumor in his right frontal lobe. Dr. Felton opened his skull and (in Howard's own words) "proved there was a brain there after all." It is cancerous. They took out a big piece, but due to its size, type, and location, it will not be able to be removed totally.

We are in SICU tonight. He has a bad headache - they broke his skull and all - but he is receiving good drugs and is feeling better by the hour. Hopefully we will be in a regular room tomorrow. Hopefully we will see an oncologist tomorrow. We're ready to hear the next step.

Thank you for your love, prayers and support. Please share this blog with others as appropriate.

Love, Howard and Vicki

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this blog so we can stay up to date on everything. We're praying for Chip and your whole family through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys and love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog Vicki! Love you and Chip both. You are dear as family to us. I'll be checking the blog daily. :) You'll be in my prayers morning and night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found this website tonight...positive stories of hope and survivors of this type of brain tumor. Thought it might be a source of information and hope for you.

    http://www.yasg.com/introduction.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a scary time Vicki. I'm grateful that you are doing this blog so everyone can get info. I am in Lubbock almost every weekend. I don't know what I can do but please know I am here for you. I can drive people too or from Amarillo or I can make a Sonic run on my lunch. Please let me know! You are all in our daily prayers. We love you guys!

    Love Liza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying Vicki! Stay strong! Thanks for the blog updates. I've already added you to my favorites on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spoke with Harvey this morning and he caught us up on your development. . Prayers are powerful and ours are certainly with you both. Keep your faith and trust as best you can ...we will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you Chip! Vicki and boys, lots of love and hugs and prayers to you all. We are all praying for healing and abounding peace. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey buddy, sorry to hear the news. Not trying to be impersonal; I would have called but don't know the situation ur in right now. Just want u to know you are in our prayers. I believe God still does miracles and that is what we are praying for, along with strength for u and ur family to get through this ordeal. I know were in Amarillo, but let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do for y'all. Keep the faith, stay strong, and take care. Call me anytime for anything. Love u brother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, positive news from the doctors. So happy that Chip has good treatment options. Praying for you'll nonstop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How thoughtful to post updates with a blog. Hope you know how much we are thinking of you -we are so worried! We love you - Harry will be relieved to know that we can get updates here. More than ever we sososos wish we lived close by. We love you guys and are thinking of you a hundred times a day. Lots and lots of hope and caring is sent your way - hope you can feel it...

    ReplyDelete